Friday, May 7, 2010

May frost/snow

We are on the eve of Graham's 2nd birthday, and the weather threatens our outdoor/camper cabin celebration. It's also threatens our ambitious April planted garden. The temperatures are expected to drop into the thirties tonight with possible snow flurries. It's not uncommon for May, I know, but this is the weather I expect on my birthday. Instead, we were wearing sun dresses and touting tulips and primrose. I thought I'd take an account of what is planted and sprouted as of right now. We'll count our losses on Monday.

spinach - sprouted
snap peas - sprouted
radishes - sprouted
onions - sprouted
carrots - planted
beets - planted
mesclun - planted and maybe a few sprouts, but I think this will be okay
basil - 4 inch plants
flat leaf parsley - 4 inch plants

Really glad we haven't planted those green bean seeds yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment