Thursday, April 15, 2010

Chicken poop!

Ok, theoretically, I see how baby chicks might have trouble keeping their, ahem, behinds clean. I also knew that there is an actual "pasty butt syndrome", aka PBS (!). But boy do our baby chicks have pasty butts! I spent much of the morning cleaning three of them, and Ezra was really good at spotting which ones needed a little washing. Interestingly, it seems to happen to the same ones over and over, but there are two that seem immune (Sally and Red seem to just stay fluffy and pristine somehow). The ones that I washed in the sink were really MAD and after I put them back in the brooder they groomed themselves on their wet areas and then fell asleep.

You might think that having to remove crusty chicken poop all the time is gross, but after having babies in diapers for years, this definitely is not a big deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment